Monday, March 1, 2010

Apricot Chicken

You MUST try this. Really, it is GOOD!!! And honestly the easiest thing I have ever made (well at least lately). My daughter said this chicken was, "full of flavor and the best I have ever made, because of the sauce." The best part, I had all the ingredients on hand! Try it, you won't be disappointed. I served this with garlic green beans and brown rice, if you want enough sauce for the rice you will need to double the sauce ingredients.

3 Chicken Breasts
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp pepper
1/3 cup apricot preserves
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. water
(I added 1/4 tsp. better than bullion)

Sprinkle chicken breasts with curry powder and pepper on both sides. Brown chicken in skillet until cooked through. Remove from pan and keep warm. Put apricot preserves, lemon juice, water and bullion if using. into pan (this will deglaze the pan), and stir until smooth. Pour sauce over chicken. (I returned my chicken to the pan and coated with the sauce and allowed it to simmer in the sauce for awhile)

1 comment:

  1. Finally got a chance to try this. Well... kinda... I thought it was peach preserves, so that's what I bought at the store... we don't care for curry, so I just used a season all. Then I over cooked the chicken (waiting for the rice to be done) so it was a little dry... BUT all in all- it was pretty decent and would've been great had a I actually followed the directions and/or not over cooked the chicken. :) haha. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete