Monday, March 1, 2010

BBQ Chicken

I made this last week for the first time. It was a hit! I loved it- easy, really flavorful. I served it with brown rice, and green beans. One thing- I think you could easily half the sauce amount and still have tons. It made a lot of sauce!! Found on SisterStuff Blog.

Chicken (I used 12 tenders, equivelent to 4 breasts?)
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup vinegar (I used white, but think apple cider would have worked well also)
1 cup sugar
6 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. mustard (I am out of yellow, so I used Dijon)
1 tbsp. corn starch (possibly more- I used a heaping tbsp.)

Brown chicken, combine sauce ingredients and pour over chicken. Cover with tin foil, and bake at 300 for an hour and half. (I baked mine at 350 for 30 minutes or so, because tenders take less time to cook).

1 comment:

  1. Taylor- this was yummy! I tried it out tonight. Lee loved it. I shredded my piece and put it in a salad and it was equally as good. This one is a keeper- thanks!!

    ReplyDelete