Monday, September 14, 2009

Thai-Style Ground Beef

One of my new favorite things to cook and EAT is a recipe I tried from my http://www.just-cook-already.blogspot.com/. It is wonderful! I do recommend buying coconut milk from an Asain market if possible, and the curry paste as well! My husband, and even my 4 year old LOVE this!!

olive oil
1 cup thinly sliced leek (I used a green onion)
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound lean ground sirloin (I used lean ground beef, and will be trying it with ground turkey soon!)
1 teaspoon red curry paste (I used more, nearly a tbs.)
1 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup light coconut milk (I buy Savoy brand coconut cream)
1 Tbsp brown sugar (I added another tbsp.)
1/4 teaspoon lime zest (omitted this)
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp asian fish sauce (omitted this as well)
cooked rice and/or iceberg lettuce wedges (I used romaine leaves, as I do not buy iceberg)
chopped cilantro
heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. drizzle olive oil. add leek; sauté 5 minutes. add garlic; sauté 1 minute. add beef; cook 7 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring to crumble. stir in curry paste and tomato sauce; cook until half of liquid evaporates (about 2 minutes). add milk and next 4 ingredients (through fish sauce); cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. serve with the rice and lettuce wedges. garnish with cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment