Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Salad Dressing

I do not like store bought dressing. I never have, and I have tried a lot of them! Plus, they are so easy to make, and then you know exactly what is in them!

We have a few favorites, that I always have the stuff on hand to make. We eat a lot of salad!

Balsamic:

Good Seasons Zesty Italian packet follow directions on packet, subsituting balsamic vinegar

Sweet Italian: (love this, it is from allrecipes.com)

1/3 cup sugar
1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
3 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup cider vinegar
3/4 cup water (I omit this)
3/4 cup vegetable oil (I use maybe 1/2 cup, and olive oil instead)

Olive Garden Dressing:

1/2 cup cider vinegar
3 tbs honey
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 tbs grated parm. cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment