Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Triana's Penne with Bacon

Oh my gosh! This might be my new favorite food. My good friend Triana had us over for dinner the other night and made this. I made it again the next night! You know it is good when I have something twice in one week. This is surprisingly easy, and so yummy! Try it, you will not be disappointed. Again, bacon and cream!
(I don't have an actual recipe, I watched her make it, and then called her to ask questions when I was making it again.)

Penne with Bacon (except I used bowties...)

1 can diced tomatoes
1 small onion diced
1/2 pound bacon, chopped bite-sized
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 box/bag pasta (she used bowties, so did I, but she calls it Penne, so whatever you have would work, I think.)
Parmesan cheese to taste

Boil pasta to al dente. Pre-heat non-stick skillet over med-high heat, then cook bacon until crispy (you want it crispy). Drain bacon grease, leaving about a tbs. or so in the skillet. Saute onions until well browned in bacon grease, then add the can off tomatoes, juice and all. Cook the tomatoes until almost all the juice evaporates, and the tomatoes reduce (about 10 minutes?), add cream, you can use up to a cup, then add parm. cheese to taste (I used about a cup.). Add pasta to skillet and combine with sauce. Serve immediately. (AND eat it all that night, cause the leftovers are not nearly as good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment