Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti

I am not a huge casserole fan normally, as I don't love using cream of soups (and I am too lazy to make my own) because I don't know what is in them. However, I do have a few that I really like- this is one of those recipes. It makes a HUGE quanity, so prepare to eat it for days, or serve it to a crowd. This has a lot of ingredients, but it comes together pretty quickly. Oh, and everything Pioneer Woman cooks that I have tried has been wonderful, and pretty easy!

Chicken Spaghetti:

2 cups cooked chicken
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (I use one mushroom, one chicken- I am sure you could sub. whatever if you don't like mushroom)
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely diced green pepper (I just use a whole small green pepper)
1/2 cup diced onion (I use a whole small onion)
1 4 oz jar of pimentos (drained)
3 cups dry spaghetti, broken into 2 inch pieces (I use angel hair, it is all I ever use for spaghetti)
2 cups reserved chicken broth from pot
1 teaspoon Lowry's season salt
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup additional cheddar cheese.

Boil chicken (P.W. uses a whole fryer, I just use chicken tenders, it is easier.) in large pot, reserving water to boil pasta in. Boil pasta until al dente- DO NOT over cook. When spaghetti is cooked combine with remaining ingredients, except the additional cup of cheddar. Place mixture in casserole dish, and bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment