Monday, October 5, 2009

Roasted Pork with Blackberry Sauce

A few days ago I was at a friend's house flipping through her Better Homes and Garden's magazine and saw this recipe. It looked delish! She told me I could tear it out- I did :) We tried it for Sunday dinner yesterday, it was fabulous. Easy with a lot of flavor. And it cooks quickly, in the oven, which I always like. I served this with mashed sweet potatoes and steamed green beans!

1 1/2 pound pork tenderloin (I bought mine at Costco in a 2 pack)
1/4 cup blackberry preserves, melted and cooled (mine had not yet been refrigerated, so I skipped the melting and cooling part)
1/4 cup apple juice
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. olive oil (I omitted this, I am not a fan of oil in marinades...)
2 tbsp. diion-style mustard
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. finely shredded orange peel (I omitted this in the marinade)
1/2 tsp. fresh snipped rosemary (omitted this too)

Mix marinade ingredients together and pour over pork (placed in plastic bag, or marinade dish).
Marinate refrigerated 2-5 hours (I did mine over night), turning bag occasionally.
Preheat oven to 425, drain pork, reserving marinade, cook on wire rack placed on shallow pan for 35-45 minutes until slightly pink in center.
While pork is roasting, bring reserved marinade to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. (I added a few tablespoons of butter to the sauce, and the orange zest at this point).

No comments:

Post a Comment